Brick Tinting Solutions from Twistfix
Brick staining is a cost-effective way to completely transform the look of a property. Twistfix offer access to a selection of brick staining formulas and here is our guide to their qualities and how to use them effectively.
Brick staining dye is a ready-to-use product that allows you to permanently change the colour of porous bricks. Formulated using high-quality pigmented powders, which have been dissolved in a fixative fluid, the dye is deeply absorbed into masonry pores. This creates an ultra-strong integral bond, resulting in a vapor-permeable, natural-looking finish.
Brick tints are supplied in 1L containers, which is sufficient to treat approximately 20-25 square metres of brickwork, depending on depth of shade desired and porosity of the bricks or masonry. The texture of the bricks remains unchanged throughout the process. A trial application is recommended to check exact shade and coverage rate. Here is our simple step-by-step guide to brick tinting...
- As the dye will stain any absorbent material, make sure that the area is protected. Make sure to wear appropriate protective clothing.
- Clean the area to be treated and make sure it is free of dust and debris.
- Shake the brick stain container thoroughly and decant into an appropriate vessel.
- If a lighter tint is required, dilute with water to a maximum ratio of 2 parts water to 1 part brick tint formula.
- Using a clean, high-quality brush, paint the formula directly onto the face of each brick. Note that overlapping brush strokes may produce a darker shade.
- Wait for the formula to dry and examine to check that the desired shade has been achieved. If not, apply further coats.