Twistfix Bestsellers: Technoseal Damp Proof Paint
As part of our comprehensive, professional collection of damp-proofing products, Twistfix is a proud supplier of liquid damp-proof membranes. In this edition of our blog, we will showcase some of the advantages of Technoseal and give a brief guide on how to use it correctly.
The unique Technoseal formula is designed to be non-hazardous and non-toxic, made as it is without using solvents or plasticisers. Water-based compounds allow the paint to be easily applied to damp backgrounds, providing reliable resistance to dampness and low permeability for water vapour. The product manufacturer proclaims that "Technoseal also creates a dependable gas barrier, preventing the transmission of dangerous gases like radon, methane and carbon dioxide."
Technoseal damp proof paint is extremely versatile and can be applied to sound masonry in just about any location. The formula can be used above or beneath floor screeds to create a damp proof membrane and can also be used as a water/vapour barrier underneath plaster or render on walls.
The liquid DPM can provide secondary protection when used under tiles in wet areas like bathrooms, showers and wet rooms and even perform without impediment under continuous immersion.
Wherever you use it, it reliably delivers strength, extensibility and excellent flexibility, along with exceptional crack-bridging properties.
How to use Technoseal DPM
- Make good any surface defects, leaving a sound and substantially even texture.
- Ensure the surface is clean and free of dust, loose material, or surface water and the background and surrounding air temperature is not less than 7°C.
- If you doubt how well the formula will adhere to the background, carry out a sample test on a small, inconspicuous area.
- Apply one coat of formula to a depth of 0.3mm using a roller, brush or airless spray. Allow the paint to become touch dry, which should take around one hour.
- Within 24 hours of spreading the initial coat, apply a second coating perpendicular to the first.
- Do not attempt any ponding tests until a minimum of four days have elapsed after applying the second coat.
Twistfix supplies Technoseal damp-proof paint in cost-effective five-litre containers. The formula is available in both White and Black colour options. For more information, please check the product page on the Twistfix website or get in touch with our technical team.