Twistfix

Damp Problems: How to Remove Mould

Properties that are damp inside are prone to all sorts of structural problems, one of which is the formation of mould and mildew. As well as being unsightly, such mould growth smells extremely unpleasant and can even cause health problems. Fortunately, getting rid of mould (and preventing it from coming back) is easy when you use Twistfix mould removal products.

Mould is made up of air-bound fungal spores, which thrive particularly well in damp and humid envi­ron­ments. Though commonly referred to as 'black mould', the fungus can actually be anywhere from black to dark green. It migrates deeply into any material with a porous structure, such as masonry, plaster and plaster­board.

Treating occurences of mould is simple, as illustrated in these three steps:

  • Spray on Twistfix mould removal biocide. This will make sure all of the mould spores are dead, right down to the roots. Spray the formula at least one metre beyond the last visible traces of mould
  • After mould removal is complete, use Twistfix fungicidal additive in decorating materials, which will prevent any recurrence
  • Take steps to control condensation in the property: install mechanical ventilation units and heat recovery ventilators (also available from the Twistfix website

Twistfix supply everything you need to treat mould growth. Our most convenient and cost-effective option is our professional mould remover kit, which contains biocide spray, fungicidal additive, applicator sponge and protective gloves and goggles.

Check out our website for more information about Twistfix mould removal products, along with lots of handy how-to guides on treating damp. You can also contact our expert technical team directly.

Posted in Twistfix blog on