Brick Stain - Old London Yellow
Old London Yellow brick dye is a masonry tinting that permanently changes the surface colour of brickwork and stonework. The staining solution forms a molecular bond with the face of porous masonry and is vapour permeable..
Total Wall Care Brick stains are formulated with a powdered pigment in a potassium silicate solvent. They can be diluted if neccessary to lighten the shade. The brick dye is absorbed into masonry surfaces to provide a lasting natural finish to match a typical Old London Yellow brick.
How to use Old London Yellow Brick Tinting Dye .
- Mix settled solution by shaking and pour into a suitable container.
- Add water if necessary to achieve a lighter stain (maximum 2 parts water to 1 part brick stain solution).
- Apply staining dye with a clean paintbrush.
- Add further coats if necessary to acheive the desired tint
- Overlapping strokes may result in darker patches.
- Avoid spillages if possible or wash immediately with copious amounts of clean water.
- This brick dye will stain clothing and other porous materials! The brick stain does not change the texture of the brickwork; it merely provides a lasting change of colour.
- Makes up to 3L of brick dye at maximum dilution
Supplied ready to use in a 1L container, this solution will typically colour 20-25m2/Litre. The exact coverage will depend on how porous the masonry is and the depth of colour required. We recommend that you determine coverage rates and depth of colour with a trial tinting application.
There are no reviews yet.
Brick dye testing pots are used to test brick tinting colours before the purchase of our permanent Brick Stain solutions - 75ml
- RRP £9.00
Brick Repair Mortar is lime based. It is ideal for restoring chipped, spalled and damaged Old London Yellow bricks.
- RRP £11.82
Colour-matching injection mortar for filling cracks in Old London Yellow Bricks. Mix powdered pigment with water, injection-fill 3-10mm wide cracks – 250g
- RRP £39.36
Masonry dye to permanently stain porous brickwork a natural Old London Stock brick-colour. 1L
- RRP £45.60