Traditional Red Brick Dye
This masonry dye formulation stains brick and other porous masonry, leaving surfaces with a colour-fast traditional red brick tint. The ready to use stain bonds absorbent brickwork and stone to provide a permanent, vapour-permeable and natural finish.
Total Wall Care Masonry Dyes are prepared using the finest pigment powders mixed with a liquid potassium silicate liquid. The dyes can be diluted with water if a lighter coloured brick stain is required. The dye soaks into porous brick surfaces to form an enduring molecular bond, providing a permanent alteration of colour that matches typical traditional red coloured bricks.
How to Dye Bricks a Traditional Red.
- Our brick dyes are supplied in 1L containers and are ready-to-use. Shake thoroughly and empty into a suitable vessel.
- Dilute with water if a lighter stain of red is required (maximum 2 parts water to 1 part brick dye).
- Paint dye onto brick surfaces using a clean brush.
- Apply further coatss for if a darker shade of red is needed
- Where brush-strokes overlap darker shades may result.
- This dye will stain clothes and other porous materials! Wash all spills immediately with copious amounts of clean water.
- Our brick dyes do not change the texture of the masonry; they merely provide a permanent alteration in its colour.
- Yields 3L of masonry tinting dye at maximum dilution
Typical coverage is 20-25m2/Litre. The precise coverage will depend on how absorbent the bricks are and the shade of tinting desired. We recommend a trial application to determine precise coverage and shade.
There are no reviews yet.
Brick dye testing pots are used to test brick tinting colours before the purchase of our permanent Brick Stain solutions - 75ml
- RRP £9.00
Brick staining dye for permanently changing the colour of porous brick to a natural rustic red. 1L
- RRP £45.60
Crack Filling Mortar for sealing 3mm-10mm wide cracks in traditional red coloured brickwork – Sold in packs of 250g - Yields 175ml
- RRP £39.36
Our traditional red-coloured brick mortar is lime based. It is designed to patch-repair chipped and frost-damaged brick walls.
- RRP £11.82