Traditional Red Brick Dye
This masonry dye formulation stains brick and other porous masonry, leaving surfaces with a colour-fast traditional red brick tint. The ready to use stain bonds absorbent brickwork and stone to provide a permanent, vapour-permeable and natural finish.
Total Wall Care Masonry Dyes are prepared using the finest pigment powders mixed with a liquid potassium silicate liquid. The dyes can be diluted with water if a lighter coloured brick stain is required. The dye soaks into porous brick surfaces to form an enduring molecular bond, providing a permanent alteration of colour that matches typical traditional red coloured bricks.
How to Dye Bricks a Traditional Red.
- Our brick dyes are supplied in 1L containers and are ready-to-use. Shake thoroughly and empty into a suitable vessel.
- Dilute with water if a lighter stain of red is required (maximum 2 parts water to 1 part brick dye).
- Paint dye onto brick surfaces using a clean brush.
- Apply further coatss for if a darker shade of red is needed
- Where brush-strokes overlap darker shades may result.
- This dye will stain clothes and other porous materials! Wash all spills immediately with copious amounts of clean water.
- Our brick dyes do not change the texture of the masonry; they merely provide a permanent alteration in its colour.
- Yields 3L of masonry tinting dye at maximum dilution
Typical coverage is 20-25m2/Litre. The precise coverage will depend on how absorbent the bricks are and the shade of tinting desired. We recommend a trial application to determine precise coverage and shade.
There are no reviews yet.