Brick Stain - Old London Red
Old London Red brick stain is a brick tinting dye been specially developed for permanently changing the colour of porous, masonry surfaces. The tinting solution stains and forms a molecular bond with the masonry and is vapour permeable; allowing the substrate to breath.
Total Wall Care Brick tinting dyes are supplied in 1L 'shake and use' containers. They comprise a powder pigment dissolved in a potassium silicate bonding solution. Water can be added to lighten the colour if necessary. The brick dye solution is absorbed into masonry to provide a permanent natural finish to match typical Old London Red bricks.
How to use Brick Tinting Dyes to Stain Old London Red bricks.
- Shake vigorously and pour into a suitable pot.
- Dilute with water if necessary to achieve a lighter tint (max 2 part waters to 1 part pigmented potassium silicate solution).
- Apply tinting stain solution with a clean paintbrush.
- Re-coat as necessary to acheive the exact shade
- Overlapping strokes may result in darker areas.
- Avoid overspills, notwithstanding wash immediately with lots of clean water.
- This brick dye will stain clothing and other porous materials! The brick stain does not change the texture or properties of the masonry; it merely provides a permanent change of colour.
- Makes up to 3L of masonry staining dye at maximum dilution
Typical coverage 20-25m2/Litre though this will depend on the porosity of the brickwork and the shade required. We recommend that you establish coverage and shade of the tint with a trial staining application.
There are no reviews yet.