Siloxol Wood Protection Cream
Siloxol Wood Protection Cream is a siloxane-based cream designed to penetrate into softwood and provide long-lasting water repellent properties. By significantly reducing water uptake it minimises the chances of mould and algae growth on the surface of the wood, reducing maintenance and lengthening the lifetime of the wood.
· Dries colourless and does not stain surfaces
· Appears white when wet for easy application
· Reduces water uptake by up to 90% on softwood timber
· Substantially reduces water associated issues, i.e. mould/algae growth and warping
· Long lasting protection against water ingress
· Single coat application
· Protection of any outdoor softwood structures including, but not limited to, fences, fence posts, sheds, wooden garden furniture, decking, plant containers.
1. Deteriorated wood should be sanded down to create a clean, sturdy surface.
2. Loose material should be brushed off with a stiff brush.
3. Any algae, mould, or organic growth should be removed using Siloxol Wood & Patio Cleaner (see datasheet for instructions).
4. A preservative is recommended to further protect the wood against rot, here Wykamol’s No More Rot Dual Purpose RTU can be used, see Twistfix website for details.
5. If the wood is going to be stained, the stain needs to be applied BEFORE Siloxol Wood Protection Cream has been applied. Apply the stain at this stage following the manufacturers guidelines.
1. Before applying Siloxol Wood Protection Cream make sure the wood is fully dry as this will allow the product to penetrate well.
2. Make sure heavy rain is not forecast during the day of application.
3. Mask up or cover any areas, such as window sills, pavements, etc. which may be splashed with material. Once the product has cured on a surface it CANNOT be removed. Splashes can be removed with a damp cloth if they have not dried.
4. Apply by brush or roller, leaving a continuous thin film over the surface of wood. Leave to absorb and cure, any material which has not been absorbed after 2 hours should be removed with a cloth.
a. Apply to a small test area first to test compatibility and drying. Leave to cure, if the finish is satisfactory then continue with entire area.
5. The white cream appearance will change to clear over a number of hours, with the natural appearance of the wood returning after roughly a week.
Conditions and Limitations
· Apply to softwood only, not designed for hardwood
· Apply in dry weather only
· Substrate and ambient temperatures should be between 5 °C and 30 °C
· Siloxol Wood Protection Cream should be fully absorbed into the substrate after roughly 3-4 hours.
· It will be rain proof after 6 hours at 15 °C (longer at lower temperatures).
· If used on horizontal surfaces pooling of water should be avoided for at least 24 hours.
· It takes up to 2 weeks to fully cure.
· Use white spirit to wash tools and containers before the product is allowed to dry.
Pack size and coverage
· Up to 6 m2 per L in one coat Packed in a 5 Litre tub.
Storage and shelf life
Store in a sealed container, in temperatures between 5°C and 30°C, protected from frost and direct sunlight. Shelf life is 12 months when unopened, undamaged and stored correctly.
Health and Safety
For further information and advice please consult the safety data sheet available at twistfix.co.uk, or contact the Twistfix Technical Department on +44 (0) 845 123 6006.
Delivery options are only available for delivery to mainland UK (excluding Scottish Highlands, Scottish Islands, Channel Islands, Isle Of Man Northern Ireland and Eire). Delivery to Scottish Highlands, Scottish Islands, Channel Islands, Isle Of Man, Northern Ireland and Eire are limited to 20kg and are available at a Premium rate. Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or via our help line if delivery is required outside these areas. Alternatively select ‘World-wide Delivery’ and a member of our sales staff will contact you regarding your options and costs.
We offer for the mainland UK , as standard, a FREE delivery service on all orders having a value greater than £200.00 (excluding VAT). For orders having a value less than £200.00 (excluding VAT) a carriage fee of £8.50 + VAT will be levied. Goods will be sent by a national carrier on their 1-2 working day standard service. Customers must understand that delays can always happen while their order is with the courier, for this reason we can not guarantee your order will be with you next day.
It is important that the customer ensures that all the delivery details are correct and that the customer or someone acting for the customer is able to sign for the delivery. Twistfix accept no liability for failed deliveries as a result of incorrect delivery details or the absence of any authorised signatory. Twistfix will attempt delivery to the recipient between the hours of between 8am and 6pm. If no one is available to receive the delivery an attempt may be made to leave the item with a neighbour. Alternatively the carrier may return the item to the sorting office and leave a calling card at the recipient's address to advise of the attempted delivery. It is the responsibility of the customer to arrange to collect the item from the depot or to arrange re-delivery with the carrier. Further information regarding Delivery can be read at our Terms & Conditions.
Items returned and received in their original condition and packaging within 14 days of delivery will be accepted for exchange or refund subject to a 20% restocking fee. You will be responsible for the shipping costs incurred in returning the goods and should ensure the items are adequately insured while in transit to us. You should email email@example.com to request to return items.
Where the goods are being returned because they are faulty or are not the goods that were ordered then, subject to the goods being returned in re-saleable condition, Twistfix will refund the cost of return shipping. Further information regarding Returns can be read at our Terms & Conditions.