Introducing Siloxol Wood Protection Cream
Twistfix is proud to introduce Siloxol, our new range of grounds maintenance chemicals designed to help maintain and protect a range of substrates. In this edition of our blog, we'll be showcasing Siloxol Wood Protection Cream and giving you a step by step guide on how to use it for optimum results.
Use Siloxol Wood Protection Cream to protect softwood features such as decking, garden furniture, sheds, planters and fences. A single application of the innovative siloxane-based cream imbues the timber with exceptional water-repellent qualities, reducing moisture uptake by up to 90%.
The protective treatment dramatically extends the life of wood, minimises the potential for algae and mould growth, and reduces maintenance requirements. For best results, follow this Step by Step Guide.
- Remove detritus and contaminates to leave the timber with a sound and clean surface.
- Use Siloxol Wood & Patio Cleaner to remove any mould, algae, or other organic growth.
- Treat surfaces with a timber preservative such as Wykamol No More Rot Dual Purpose RTU.
- If you plan to stain the wood, do so before the application of Siloxol Wood Protection Cream.
- Ensure that the timber is completely dry and that dry weather is forecast on the day of application.
- Apply a small amount to an inconspicuous area to test for compatibility.
- Mask surrounding areas.
- Use a roller or brush to apply a continuous thin film of Siloxol Wood Protection Cream over the timber surface. When wet, the formula appears white to ease application.
- Leave the formula to be absorbed, which should take three to four hours.
- Clean containers and tools with white spirit before the formula dries.
- Use a damp cloth to remove any splashes, spillages or excess use of cream before the formulation has dried.
- If using the product on horizontal surfaces, take care to avoid any water pooling on the treated surface for a minimum of 24 hours.
After six hours, the surface will be rainproof (this may take longer at temperatures below 15°C). The thin layer of cream will dry colourless, and the natural appearance of the timber will return after around one week. Complete curing can take up to two weeks.
New Siloxol Wood Protection Cream from Twistfix is available in five-litre tubs, which is sufficient to cover around 30 square metres of the surface at 6 square metres per litre. The tubs are currently on sale at the low introductory price of just £97.96 including VAT.
More information about Siloxol Wood Protection Cream, including a full datasheet, can be found on the Twistfix website. Over the next few weeks, we will be showcasing the other new SIloxol products in the Twistfix blog, so please subscribe to our regular newsletter.